Vision and Values
Who are we?
St Aubyn Estates has been part of the West Cornwall landscape for more than 600 years. Nowadays, it is a modern, family owned enterprise spanning 5,000 acres with a diverse portfolio of businesses which include land and property management, tourism and hospitality, building and farming. James and Mary St Levan live on St Michael’s Mount, which they run in partnership with the National Trust.
What is our vision?
To be a force for growth while preserving the beauty of the landscape under our care
- to ensure the prosperity of the Estates for future generations
- to help maintain the unique character of St Michael’s Mount
- to benefit the wider community in West Cornwall
What are our values?
We each should be
How will we achieve our vision?
- by pursuing a coherent strategy
- by continuing to attract great people
- by developing our abilities and skills
- by generating profits to re-invest
- by connecting with like-minded organizations
- by caring for the outstanding beauty of West Cornwall
What sort of thing are we planning to achieve by 2025?
- Culture - St Aubyn Estates will be a magnet for people with aspirations and continue to be a place where people mind about each other.
- People - Training and development for our own people will be a top priority with a rising, targeted investment in real terms each and every year.
- The Landed Estate - The conversion of most of our redundant traditional farm buildings to alternatives uses will exemplify a more proactive approach across the estate.
- St Michael’s Mount - By continually improving the visitor experience, we will attract at least one quarter of our visitors from overseas.
- Marazion - Our major investments, in particular the Godolphin Arms, Mount Haven Hotel and Restaurant and the old Manor Office, will help fuel the town’s increasingly vibrant economy.