Corporate Social Responsibility
How St Aubyn Estates contributes to the West Cornwall Community
‘Supporting the local, where it makes a difference’
St Aubyn Estates has been part of the landscape for so long that it has developed deep roots within its local community. In fact, a key plank of its vision is to benefit the wider community in West Cornwall. Partly this reflects the inextricable links between the economic and social wellbeing of the area and of the estate. There is also a longstanding pattern of St Aubyn Estates contributing to the community on a voluntary basis.
The family and company undertake their voluntary activities in four interconnected areas:
- Donations to local charities or projects from the St Aubyn Foundation
- Fundraising by employees for their nominated company charity
- Use of Estate owned assets by the local community
- Voluntary work actively carried out by St Aubyn Estates within the local community
All four areas support causes that are important to the family or which promote health and wellbeing. Contributions to one-off projects are made through donations or by time given to employees to volunteer, often with value added through the diverse resources of the company’s diverse businesses.
Examples of CSR work in 2018 include:
- Donations to 25 local charities or causes
- Funding contributions to 2 major projects
- Surfers against Sewage chosen as the company charity for two years
- 12 outside events held on Estate land
If you have a project in West Cornwall which you feel might be suitable to attract support from the St Aubyn Foundation, please see The St Aubyn Foundation Guidelines for further information and details of how to apply.